The Garlands of Barrington
Create a cohesive community space with hospitality-minded amenities
The renovated galleria at the Garlands of Barrington offers new communal spaces and opportunities for residents to gather and socialize. In partnership with the community’s leaders, our team transformed two enclosed rooms and the surrounding area into an open-concept bistro with an integrated gift shop and activity space.
The project’s key features include:
- A coffee bar and gift shop with custom millwork and display for a single point-of-sale
- New flooring throughout the galleria, including detailed mosaics and zero threshold transitions
- Perforated wood beams and soft finishes for acoustic control
- Custom millwork for large format game and puzzle storage
- Custom menu board graphics to complement the interiors
The galleria’s French Bistro influence complements the campus’s Arts and Crafts design aesthetic while adopting a more modernist identity. The space features detailed tile installations, tin ceiling panels, antique mirrors, historical-inspired mosaics and custom stained-glass windows. This refreshed interior design language extends into the adjacent cafe seating and passageway, seamlessly merging the renovated and existing areas.
- Retirement Community + Renovation
- Barrington, IL
- 7,100 sq ft