Madison, WI (June 2023) — TruStage, formerly CUNA Mutual Group, has achieved LEED® Gold certification for its corporate headquarters in Madison. LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the world's most widely used green building rating system and an international symbol of excellence.
Named the Lighthouse, TruStage’s headquarters at 5810 Mineral Point Road achieved LEED Gold with 72 points, making it the highest point total of any LEED v4 project in Wisconsin.
EUA’s Sustainability Practice Leader David Hubka says, “There are over 100,000 LEED certifications worldwide – and this is only the sixth LEED v4 New Construction project globally that has achieved 72 points.”
Specific initiatives that contributed to this achievement include:
- Open Space:82% of the site is open space (LEED goal is a minimum of 30%).
- Native or Adapted Vegetation: 35% of the previously disturbed area is restored to native vegetation (LEED goal is a minimum of 25%).
- Reduced Irrigation: 58% savings from the baseline measurement (LEED goal is a minimum of 30%); 100% of the irrigation can be offset with the building’s water reuse system, which means a savings of potentially 348,000 gallons of water per month.
- Indoor Water Use:72% reduction from the baseline measurement (LEED goal is a minimum of 20%); low-flow plumbing fixtures, toilets and urinals will save almost 100,000 gallons of water per year.
- Reduced energy: 50% reduction in energy use compared to baseline buildings thanks to triple-glazed glass, efficient lighting and HVAC systems.
EUA is best known for designing environments that elevate people’s potential. More than 250+ employees in Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Denver and Atlanta demonstrate an unparalleled commitment to the markets, communities and clients they serve. The respected 116-year-old firm specializes in several markets, including education, workplace, healthcare, senior living, student housing, mixed-use, entertainment and science + technology. For additional information, please visit the firm’s website at eua.com.