Doctors, staff look forward to new facility along the lakeshore
MANITOWOC – BayCare Clinic will host a grand opening event on Wednesday, September 22, for the new BayCare Clinic Lakeside Campus in Manitowoc.
The grand opening is scheduled to take place from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. It will be held at the new 46,000-square-foot facility built on 9.3 acres of land along the city’s lakeshore.
The facility is at 1111 Bayshore Drive, just north of the roundabout at Waldo Boulevard and Maritime Drive.
“This new facility will help us better meet the increasing demand for localized, specialized health care services,” says Dr. Alexander Roitstein, president, BayCare Clinic. “It’s also an illustration of our continued commitment to providing specialty health care services to the Lakeshore region.”
Manitowoc Mayor Justin Nickels offered praise for the new building.
“This state-of-the-art facility is a welcome addition to the continued development of our community. The construction of BayCare Clinic Lakeside Campus is evidence of our continued and successful efforts to promote growth and economic development within the Lakeshore region,” Nickels said.
The BayCare Clinic specialty medical departments moving into the new facility are Orthopedics & Sports Medicine BayCare Clinic, BayCare Clinic Neurological Surgeons, BayCare Clinic Pain & Rehab Medicine and Aurora BayCare Urological Surgeons.
Aurora Health Care Rehabilitation Services also will move into the new facility.
Five BayCare Clinic departments and one Aurora BayCare department in Manitowoc County are not moving from their current locations. They include:
- BayCare Clinic Eye Specialists, 4801 Expo Drive, Manitowoc (moving to new facility in 2022).
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons BayCare Clinic, 930 Maritime Drive, Manitowoc.
- BayCare Clinic Ear, Nose & Throat, Aurora Health Center in Two Rivers, 5300 Memorial Drive.
- Hearing Center BayCare Clinic, Aurora Health Center in Two Rivers, 5300 Memorial Drive.
- BayCare Clinic Emergency Physicians, Aurora Medical Center in Manitowoc County, 5000 Memorial Drive, Two Rivers.
- Aurora BayCare Cardiology, Aurora Health Center in Two Rivers and Aurora Health Center in Valders, 721 S. Calumet Drive.
The grand opening also will include a food drive to benefit Peter’s Pantry, which distributes perishable and non-perishable food to those in need. Attendees are asked to consider bringing a non-perishable food item to donate to the Manitowoc-based pantry.
A related food drive drop-off site is at Orthopedics & Sports Medicine BayCare Clinic in Manitowoc, 501 N. 10th St.
The grand opening event will follow CDC recommended guidelines related to COVID-19.
Construction is expected to be completed in September, with the facility open for patient visits in October. The project includes plans for future expansion.
Visit www.baycare.net/manitowoc for updates on the building project.