Policy matters. Whether Federal, State or local, education policy shapes operational practices and the eventual outcomes students realize. The Superintendent’s voice in influencing effective education policy has never been more important.
At this conference you will hear from national, state and local experts with respect to educational policy and its impact on practice. You will learn what is being done to advocate for effective evidence-based policy and how you can engage in that work. You will also learn about best practices that have emerged in the current policy environment.
Location: Concourse Hotel | Madison, WI
Dates: May 10-12, 2017
EUA's own, Abie Khatchadourian will be presenting a session called:
"Managing Growth, One Step at a Time: Facilitating a Long-Range Master Plan While Still Leading Your School District"
Date / Time: Wed. May 10, 2017 / 3:30 - 4:30 pm
Co-presenters: Randy Guttenberg, Superintendent, Waunakee Community School District + Matt Claggett, Project Manager, Findorff
Waunakee Community School District is a growing, dynamic community in Dane County. Randy Guttenberg, Superintendent of Schools, recognized the need for a proactive plan to address student population growth and led the district through the first phase of a multi-phase long range master plan. Learn how Superintendent Guttenberg worked with his Board of Education, community, and professional partners to:
- Obtain resources to support the school district planning process;
- Initiate a third-party demographic study to understand future student population projections and help determine future planning;
- Lead a competitive process to retain architectural firm and construction manager partners;
- Engage the community by exploring multiple pathways to establish a long-range facilities master plan;
- Inform district stakeholders about the needs in their growing school district and the referendum for the first phase of the master plan;
- Lead the communication with the Village of Waunakee and Town of Westport to understand their requirements and negotiate the regulatory landscape;
- Execute these multi building projects while taking an active role to understand Wisconsin Building Code requirements pertinent to the new and remodeled school buildings;
- Maintain focus and communication regarding the future phases of the long range master plan previously articulated to the community.
Join us to learn more about how the Waunakee Community School District is successfully navigating their complex long-range facilities planning process and hear lessons learned to assist you in your role as district leader.