This position will be responsible for supervision of our firm's Madison Office/Studio, assuring that the relationship, technical, administrative, staffing, and financial objectives of that office are met within the framework of established firm-wide goals and professional standards.
Eppstein Uhen Architects, Inc. (EUA) is seeking a candidate with demonstrated leadership skills who is a licensed Architect, Certified Interior Designer, or Engineer with 10+ years of experience in multiple markets. This position requires excellent technical, business, marketing, and interpersonal skills.
This position will be responsible for supervision of our firm's Madison Office/Studio, assuring that the relationship, technical, administrative, staffing, and financial objectives of that office are met within the framework of established firm-wide goals and professional standards. The position will report to the Director of Operations and will mentor and manage staff. They may act as the Client Executive, Project Manager, Designer, or Project Architect on specific projects if appropriate. They may also have no role on a particular project other than serving to enforce that standards of quality and client satisfaction are met.
- Day-to-day management of the activities of the office/studio, including:
- Staff scheduling
- Office/Studio budget management
- Overseeing Best-Practice Implementation and Knowledge Sharing within the Office/Studio, including:
- Market trends in design, construction, project delivery, etc.
- Quality assurance
- Building codes
- Office/Studio and Firm employee development and mentoring, including:
- Performance reviews
- Expertise (Candidate's) related training
- Staff development through opportunities and leading by example
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and exhibit integrity
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems proactively and prioritize tasks and assignments
- Other duties as assigned
The Fine Print:
- Licensed Architect, Certified Interior Designer, or Engineer with 10+ years of experience in the Architecture Industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Knowledge and Experience with Revit, Sketchup and Related Software is preferred
- Knowledge of other graphic software such as 3D Studio, V-Ray, Rhino, Grasshopper is Preferred
- Experience with a wide array of projects spanning multiple markets
- Has knowledge of the industry, and ideally, the community
- Can demonstrate proven experience with finance and contracts
Madison Office. Our Madison office is a tight knit community dedicated to serving their community. Located right in downtown Madison, walking distance from Wisconsin’s state capitol and University of Wisconsin, this EUA location has a fun, pedestrian feel with easy access to all the bustling activity this capital and university town has to offer. Universal views to the State Capitol, Lake Mendota and Lake Monona can be enjoyed from our office terrace.