Structural Engineer : Atlanta
We love what we do...we seek the best and the brightest to join our firm.
The Structural Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering and is be responsible for independently leading structural planning, designing, engineering, and construction document production. This individual will be directly involved in maintaining and growing client relationships as a structural engineering expert.
- Management of multiple, simultaneous projects from beginning to end, such as Design Basis through specifications and submittals with a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate project objectives, problems, solutions and scope changes with clients, field personnel and internal staff
- Work closely with customers, partners and colleagues to achieve deadlines while delivering a quality product.
- Apply knowledge and experience with building codes, regulations and requirements, building materials, construction methods, and procedures to all projects. Ability to manage the proper sequencing of construction documents.
- Ability to facilitate close work with clients, field personnel and internal staff to achieve deadlines and quality work. Demonstrated ability to work well in a team/collaborative setting.
- Manages information flow and looks for ways to improve processes.
- Pride in craft; desire to stay current on trends and technical advances.
- Able and willing to stamp/seal self-produced documents.
- Able to work with modest supervision and guidance.
- Contribute to junior team member skill advancements via coaching and/or mentoring.
- Ability to direct drafting to support your structural design
- Ability to organize and prioritize personal workload and make necessary adjustments to meet deadlines; must be results oriented and milestone driven
The Fine Print
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural/Civil Engineering from an accredited institution with an emphasis or specific training in structural engineering for building environments
- A Professional Engineer (PE) license is required, SE license is a plus
- Seven or more years of structural engineering
- Experience with steel and concrete design is required; masonry and wood experience is a plus.
- Established track record of complete structural system design for buildings
- Building types include higher education, corporate/commercial and industrial facilities. Experience in one or more of these types of facilities is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to make independent decisions within a general framework
- Demonstrated exceptional planning, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to apply logical steps to problem solving
- Able to function effectively in a demanding environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), specialized structural engineering software (e.g. RAM Software, RISA, etc.); Revit experience is preferred
Physical Requirements and Environmental Adaptability
- Able to move around construction sites in various stages of development.
- Work is performed in an office setting and in the field.
- Minimal travel is required for this position but with occasional travel to Wisconsin.
- Activities may be necessary outside of the normal office hours depending on workload, schedules and client geographical location.
EUA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are in need of a downloadable application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.