Project Specialist - Structural : Atlanta
This position exists to lead the virtual model development and construction documents for the structural project components, assist in developing architectural project components when needed, and to coordinate with all other disciplines as assigned to company projects. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) for structural and architectural systems from small to large buildings in all markets and building types.
- Use the Performa Way standards, BIM content standards and virtual procedures in design.
- Ensure Revit model accuracy as model develops through design phases.
- Collaborate and coordinate with design professionals of all disciplines.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems proactively.
- Leverage BIM software and tools for design and detailing.
- Ensure timely completion of the working drawings that meet company standards. Duties vary from one project to the next as the knowledge, skill and abilities are balanced with the skill of others assigned to the project.
- Ability to develop Revit content for existing conditions from point cloud files.
- Prepare construction documents, make revisions as necessary and coordinate the reproduction of drawings and specifications for bidding.
The Fine Print
- Four years of experience in the A/E industry and an Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree from an accredited Architectural or Engineering program (or similar) and 2+ years of industry experience
- Proficient in most current version of Autodesk Revit
- General knowledge of engineering systems, construction details, and procedures
- Ability to function effectively in a demanding environment and manage multiple priorities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player attitude; caring; demonstrates respect for others
- Ability to make independent decisions within a general framework
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of engineering systems and construction methods along with knowledge of procedures and sequencing of construction documents.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Adaptability
- Ability to move freely about construction sites including up and down ladders stairs and ramps, uneven terrain and in confined spaces.
- Work is performed in an office setting and in the field with occasional travel.
EUA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
If you are in need of a downloadable application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.