Project Manager : Learning Environments
Eppstein Uhen Architects, Inc. (EUA) is seeking an Architectural Project Manager for our firm. This person will be a key team leader in our Learning Environments Studio. Candidates should be a Licensed Architect or Certified Interior Designer with 5+ years of experience, with specific experience in Education / K-12 related design.
This position requires excellent technical, business, and interpersonal skills and is responsible for management and administration of all phases of a variety of projects and/or client accounts of considerable scope and complexity. Primary responsibility and oversight of client contact, budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, cost control, and monitor all activities. Guidance will be given by Studio Director, Client Executive or Practice Leader, typically relating to overall objectives, critical issues, and policy matters. The person in this position provides critical leadership and mentoring for Project Architects, Design Architects, Interior Designers, and other team members, and may have influence outside of the project team.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Coordinate, lead and mentor project teams through entire project process
- Understand and negotiate client contracts
- Coordinate and negotiate consultant fees and services
- Estimate and maintain project budget and work plans
- Maintain strong client communication and relationships
- Communicate client expectations to project team
- Document and manage project risk
- Provide oversight for and/or draw details, sections, and provide oversight of project documentation
- Understand project code requirements
- Provide project supervision (may include stamping and signing drawings)
- Review Progress and Shop Drawings
- Attend Construction and Client Meetings
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and exhibit integrity
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems proactively and prioritize tasks and assignments
The Fine Print:
- Licensed Architect or Certified Interior Designer, with 5+ years’ experience in the Architecture Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Knowledgeable in the use of Revit
- Specific experience with Education / K-12 architectural project management preferred
Our Learning Studio. What you do makes an impact. In our Learning Environments studio, our teams design innovative K-12 and higher education spaces to maximize student and staff potential. We are passionate about the spaces we create and believe they make a difference. Join our team today and play a role in impacting future generations while working alongside a group of people who truly care and have fun along the way.
Milwaukee Office. Located in the heart of Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward District in a 1900s shoe factory, this office is EUA’s largest. For well over a century, EUA has served and contributed to the fabric of Milwaukee, playing an integral part in many of the iconic landmarks. With intermingled staff spread across six floors, a variety of meeting spaces, democratic access to daylight, sit/stand workstations and technology infused throughout, and a beautiful rooftop terrace, our employees have options for how and where they work throughout the day.