Project Manager | Experiential Graphic Designer
Green Bay, WI
The Project Manager | Experiential Graphic Designer is a key member of the firm’s design team.
In this role you will contribute to overall Studio growth through strategically growing EGD services and capabilities, executing project work, providing project management, managing client relationships, contributing to business development, and mentoring staff. While each client and project are unique, consistent responsibilities include determining client / project goals, research, concept development, design and project management / implementation of experiential displays, experiential branding, signage, wayfinding, for a variety of markets including but not limited to corporate office, healthcare, education, industrial, and multi-family projects.
At EUA we want to help align people’s natural strengths and passions with their role. This position requires a creative vision, strong work ethic, and balancing an execution and collaboration mindset. You will not only deliver work, but also lead, influence, and collaborate with others for project success. You may be a perfect fit for this role if you:
- Possess strong project management, time management and organizational skills required to handle multiple tasks to develop workplans, mobilize internal staff and meet demanding deadlines.
- Understand and manage client and internal workplans and budgets to meet the expectations for billable hours and deliverables.
- Are exceptionally organized and highly driven with the ability to manage several projects and meet client deadlines.
- Own responsibility for EGD project’s financial success including the monthly review and comments on project budget reports and status.
- Are a highly creative person who understands the importance and value of a strong visual strategy, understand how it connects to broader design, and you have an inner drive to create dynamic brands.
- Are a natural storyteller, skilled at amplifying community voices to define and articulate a
- Have a knack for articulating complex ideas through simple, beautiful, clear, engaging
visuals and designs.
- Are excited to innovate, constantly learning and pushing the boundaries of the field to be even more impactful, human, and supersensory.
- Are comfortable collaborating with diverse team members across studios to deliver projects that achieve clients’ purpose, design, and budget goals.
- Are adept at building and maintaining excellent client relationships, aware of and even anticipating relevant client needs and adapting to diverse communication styles.
- Have a desire to mentor young designers in the experiential graphic design process.
Fundamentals / General Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for the position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Proactively establish and manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; and project team assignments.
- Ensure the proper resources are brought in at the right time to meet deliverable milestones.
- Estimate fees, determine scope of work, and prepare proposals and contracts.
- Ability to assist in winning work and great communication skills.
- Understand business development, and genuinely and consistently build and maintain ongoing professional relationships with the clients.
- Facilitate client discussions, goal identification, and review of purpose and the graphic
directives for projects.
- Run our weekly project and workload meetings; keep job lists up to date.
- Communicate directly with internal and external clients.
- Define visual communication goals and articulate how they are supported by design decisions.
- Be accountable for the details of experiential graphic design work and assist others with quality assurance reviews.
- Participate in design workshops and critiques.
- Work with in-house engineers for lighting and power integration into creative solutions.
- Willing to learn and grow personal and firmwide experience with experiential graphics and signage.
Operations and Financial Decision-Making Authority
No other staff report directly to this position; however, this position does require mentoring fellow team members and leading/coordinating experiential and graphic design activities. This includes reviewing the work of peer design staff as well as any outside consultants. This position has no direct operating budget authority. However, it is involved in the project budgeting process by providing input and managing project expenditures as appropriate. This position reports to the Studio Director – Green Bay.
The Fine Print
- Bachelor of arts or similar degree in graphic design, industrial design, or architecture required
- 5-10 years of experiential graphic design experience; professional design and graphic production experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of CAD Tools, Revit not required, but a strong plus
- Experience managing Experiential Graphic Design projects
- Ability to multi-task and balance the design of various projects
- Professional acumen and comfort presenting to internal and external clients
- Typographic excellence and sound knowledge of graphic design principles and processes
- Strategic thinker able to establish goals and solutions for effective visual communication
- Excellent listening skills and an ability and willingness to translate feedback into design development
- Ability to analyze data and create effective and accurate information graphics
- Knowledge of printing and production processes
- Experience working within brand guidelines and developing complementary branded material
- Team player attitude; caring; demonstrates respect for others
Physical Requirements and Experiential Adaptability
- Work is performed in an office setting and in at client locations, vendor/production locations,
and project locations.
- Air and vehicular travel could be regular at times; most of our work is regional and travel by
car is common.
- Activities may be necessary outside of the normal office hours depending on workload, schedules, and client geographical location.
EUA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are in need of a downloadable application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Bay Office. Located in the Green Bay area, this tight-knit group of architects and engineers have been giving purpose the space to thrive for over 25 years. Featuring open and collaborative offices, the Green Bay office allows planners, architects and engineers to continually engage in open communication.