Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Ambassador/Receptionist
Eppstein Uhen Architects (EUA) is seeking to fill an integral role in the client and employee experience in our Madison office.
This front-line position is responsible for providing a positive impression to all guests. In addition, this person must communicate effectively and deliver a great experience to individuals throughout all levels of the organization. This position requires an individual with the ability to be responsive in a fast-paced environment as well as be self-directed. A good candidate will exhibit a positive energy and maintain a customer service/concierge-like approach to this position. This person will be expected to learn and understand the internal functions and capabilities of the firm and staff to provide outstanding service. The position reports to the Executive Administrator and will work closely with the Human Resources team.
- Act as the initial host for all individuals entering or contacting EUA
- Professionally answer a multi-line phone system and connect callers to the appropriate personnel
- Direct guests to appropriate meeting locations
- Maintain the overall appearance of the office, including light housekeeping and organization as needed
- Coordinate meal requests for approved events including any special accommodations or requests
- Ensure delivered items are routed efficiently to appropriate parties.
- Process incoming and outgoing deliveries, including time-sensitive material
- Maintain a positive attitude and exhibit integrity
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Maintain a personal professional image as a representative of the firm.
- Procure office and kitchen supplies
- Communicate effectively with Admin/HR team and EUA staff
- Solve problems proactively and prioritize tasks and assignments
- Process general correspondence, emails, and voicemails
- Assist with scheduling of appointments and meetings
- As much anticipation as possible of the office’s needs will be essential in long-term success
- Other administrative assistance to staff as required
- Other duties as assigned
The Fine Print:
- Part-time position, 20-24 hours per week expected during core hours
- High school diploma/GED or beyond is required
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
An Added Plus:
- Previous corporate environment and/or service industry experience
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software
- A/E/C Industry knowledge
Madison Office. Our Madison office is a tight knit community dedicated to serving their community. Located right in downtown Madison, walking distance from Wisconsin’s state capitol and University of Wisconsin, this EUA location has a fun, pedestrian feel with easy access to all the bustling activity this capital and university town has to offer. Universal views to the State Capitol, Lake Mendota and Lake Monona can be enjoyed from our office terrace.
Our Administrative group plays a critical role in EUA’s overall success. Comprised of several departments of talented individuals that work behind the scenes – Accounting, Design/Information Technology, Human Resources and Marketing. We understand that the stronger our support staff are, the more our design teams can focus on their best and highest functions, ultimately providing more value so our projects run smoother. Join a diverse team that is not afraid to have a little fun, in a creative and supportive environment.