Part-Time Accounting Assistant
Eppstein Uhen Architects, Inc. (EUA) is seeking to fill an important role as an part-time Accounting Assistant. This person will be responsible for various accounts payable activities, including account reconciliations, and a variety of weekly and monthly accounting tasks. They will assist the finance department with daily activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, month end/year end close, and other special projects.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as necessary from time to time.
- Process invoices for payment, including A/P check runs
- Prepare bank deposits
- Post cash receipts against accounts receivable ledger
- Maintain and update vendor certificates of insurance
- Maintain accounting files
- Assist with processing of time sheets
- Assist with processing credit card payments and expense reports
- Assist with monthly general ledger reconciliation/research
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules
- Assist with various yearend tasks (including 1099s, PPTs, and other tax related reconciliations)
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and exhibit integrity
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems proactively and prioritize tasks and assignments
The Fine Print
- Associate’s Degree or beyond in accounting
- Experience in a professional office setting
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word required
- Experience with Deltek Vision software a plus
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Tax a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude with numbers
Milwaukee Office. Located in the heart of Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward District in a 1900s shoe factory, this office is EUA’s largest. For well over a century, EUA has served and contributed to the fabric of Milwaukee, playing an integral part in many of the iconic landmarks. With intermingled staff spread across six floors, a variety of meeting spaces, democratic access to daylight, sit/stand workstations and technology infused throughout, and a beautiful rooftop terrace, our employees have options for how and where they work throughout the day.
Our Administrative group plays a critical role in EUA’s overall success. Comprised of several departments of talented individuals that work behind the scenes – Accounting, Design/Information Technology, Human Resources and Marketing. We understand that the stronger our support staff are, the more our design teams can focus on their best and highest functions, ultimately providing more value so our projects run smoother. Join a diverse team that is not afraid to have a little fun, in a creative and supportive environment.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Encompassing a range of diverse experiences and backgrounds, our offices are filled with talented and creative individuals who are passionate about helping clients realize their visions. We value our employees and bring unique and purposeful support opportunities to improve overall employee well-being, so they can bring their best selves to work every day.