Mechanical Engineer : Denver
We love what we do...we seek the best and the brightest to join our firm.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for HVAC planning, designing, engineering and project estimates. This individual will be directly involved in maintaining and growing client relationships as a mechanical engineering expert. The Mechanical Engineer will be involved in energy analysis, sustainable design, existing system condition assessment and construction administration activities. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects from beginning to end, such as Design Basis through specifications and submittals.
- Clearly communicate project objectives, problems, solutions and scope changes with clients, internal teams and onsite contractors.
- Convey ideas and alternative solutions in a collaborative team setting.
- Work closely with customers, partners and colleagues to achieve deadlines while delivering a quality product.
- Apply knowledge and experience with building codes, regulations and requirements, building materials, construction methods, and procedures for all projects to manage the proper sequencing of construction documents.
- Manages information flow and looks for ways to improve processes.
- Pride in the craft; desire to stay current on trends and technological advances.
- Contribute to junior team member skill advancements via coaching and/or mentoring.
- Ability to direct drafting to support your mechanical design
The Fine Print
- Professional Engineer – Mechanical license with a minimum of 10 years’ experience and the ability to procure registration in multiple U.S. states.
- Experience with ventilation calculations, building heating and cooling load calculations, airside, hydronic, and steam HVAC systems design and their associated controls schemes.
- Able to organize and prioritize personal workload in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Able to work well in a team/collaborative setting, make sound decisions and drive action cross-functionally.
- Able and willing to stamp/seal self-produced documents.
- Comfortable making independent decisions with general guidelines; able to work with modest supervision and guidance.
- Demonstrated exceptional planning, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to apply logical steps to problem-solving.
- Possess a professional demeanor while interacting with clients, partners, and team members.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills; skilled with making presentations to clients.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), specialized HVAC engineering software (e.g., Trace 700); Revit experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Adaptability
- Able to move around construction sites in various stages of development from excavation to completion and beyond.
- Work is performed in an office setting and the field; job site monitoring may be performed in various weather conditions.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Activities may be necessary outside of the typical office hours depending on workload, schedules and client geographical location.
Compensation Range: $75,000 - $95,000 based on experience. EUA offers its employees comprehensive benefits including profit sharing and bonus opportunities, 401k, health, dental, vision, life insurance and parental leave. They (You) certainly deserve it.
EUA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are in need of a downloadable application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denver Office. Located in the heart of “LoDo” just steps from Union Station and Coors field, our Denver office is practically an urban tourist destination in itself. We may be biased, but we think it’s one of the best spots in the City with some of the best people.