Interior Designer : Workplace
A good candidate should be skilled at space planning, finish selections, furniture selection and specification, millwork detailing, and finish/furniture cost estimating. Client management and presentation skills are also required.
EUA is seeking a skilled and experienced Interior Designer with 6+ years of experience in the field. This person uses judgment in assignments that have clear and specified objectives with a limited number of variables. Reporting and working under the direction of a Project Manager, they should be skilled at space planning, finish selections, furniture selection and specification, millwork detailing, and finish/furniture cost estimating. Client management and presentation skills are also required.
- Ability to take direction on projects, but also able to take project lead
- Responsible for programming of all phases of the Interior Design process
- Skilled at space planning, finish selections, furniture selection and specification, millwork detailing, and finish/furniture cost estimating
- Team coordination and collaboration
- Assists in design development (aesthetic skills)
- Prepares construction documents
- Responsible for furniture selection and specification, including coordination from selection and production through bidding and installation
- Responsible for creation of division 9 through 12 specifications
- Responsible for interior detailing (millwork, walls, ceilings, floors) using appropriate techniques in Revit
- Maintains personal knowledge of current available products and furnishings
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and exhibit integrity
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems proactively and prioritize tasks and assignments
- Other duties as assigned
The Fine Print:
- 6-8 years of experience in Interior Design
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or similar field
- Certified Interior Designer (NCIDQ exams) required
- Confident and comfortable speaking with others and presenting ideas
- Superb client management skills
- Experience in Revit preferred
Milwaukee Office. Located in the heart of Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward District in a 1900s shoe factory, this office is EUA’s largest. For well over a century, EUA has served and contributed to the fabric of Milwaukee, playing an integral part in many of the iconic landmarks. With intermingled staff spread across six floors, a variety of meeting spaces, democratic access to daylight, sit/stand workstations and technology infused throughout, and a beautiful rooftop terrace, our employees have options for how and where they work throughout the day.
Our Workplace Studio. In the Workplace Studio, the better we do our jobs the better other people can do theirs, our team designs anything from new corporate headquarters to industrial facilities to high-design yet functional tenant improvements. We practice what we preach, applying the very things we recommend for our clients to our own environment. We continuously learn from our clients and as part of this team you will find link-minded people who are quick to listen and innovate with contagious passion.