Interior Designer - Madison : Healthcare
EUA is seeking a skilled and experienced commercial Interior Designer with 6+ years of experience in the field and specific experience in Healthcare related design.
EUA is seeking a skilled and experienced commercial Interior Designer with 6+ years of experience in the field and specific experience in Healthcare related design. This person uses judgment in assignments that have partially undefined objectives and works with the project team and the client to bring clarity to objectives and lead successful design solutions. Integrates well with a project team and Project Manager, the candidate is skilled at all phases of commercial interior design including space planning, finish selections, lighting design, furniture selection and specification, millwork detailing, and finish/furniture cost estimating. Client engagement and presentation skills are also required.
- Ability to demonstrate design excellence, work with a team to lead and implement design solutions for interior commercial projects
- Ability to work with internal and external team members, including consultants through the project process
- Equally comfortable developing design solutions and also taking direction on projects
- Responsible for programming of all phases of the Interior Design process including conceptualization and implementation from programming through schematic design, design development and is able to support construction documents and construction administration
- Skilled at space planning, scope of work documents for preliminary pricing, finish selections, furniture selection and specification, millwork detailing, and finish/furniture cost estimating
- Team coordination and collaboration
- In conjunction with a design team, creates design development documents and demonstrates aesthetic and visualization skills
- Prepares construction documents and coordinates with consultants
- Responsible for furniture programming, selection and specification, including user needs assessment, coordination from selection and production through bidding and installation
- Experience editing specifications is a plus.
- Responsibilities include interior detailing (millwork, walls, ceilings, lighting, floors) using appropriate techniques in Revit
- Has demonstrated ability to communicate design utilizing 3D visualization software tools.
- Maintains personal knowledge of current available products and furnishings
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and exhibit integrity
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems proactively and prioritize tasks and assignments
- Other duties as assigned
The Fine Print:
- 6-8 years of experience in Interior Design
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or similar field
- Certified Interior Designer (NCIDQ exams) required
- Confident and comfortable speaking with others and presenting ideas
- Superb client management skills
- Experience in Revit preferred
Our Healthcare Studio. Healthcare providers give their all to help patients, and we think they deserve the same treatment. Our Healthcare Studio specializes in creating environments that promote healing and foster well-being for patients as well as staff. A determined, group, you’ll find our team takes one of the most challenging design fields and brings thoughtful solutions to our clients while creating an internal atmosphere of openness and fun.
Madison Office. Our Madison office is a tight knit community dedicated to serving their community. Located right in downtown Madison, walking distance from Wisconsin’s state capitol and University of Wisconsin, this EUA location has a fun, pedestrian feel with easy access to all the bustling activity this capital and university town has to offer. Universal views to the State Capitol, Lake Mendota and Lake Monona can be enjoyed from our office terrace.