Electrical Engineer Team Leader : Madison
Join us! We are a relationship-based, integrated architecture, engineering and design firm seeking a team lead.
The Electrical Engineer Team Leader reports to the Director of Engineering (DOE) and is responsible for assisting the DOE with mentoring, managing workload, and leading the direction of the electrical engineering team. This individual will be involved in building load calculations, system type analysis, cost/benefit analysis, HVAC systems design, submittal review, construction administration, and existing system condition assessment. This position also independently leads electrical planning, designing, engineering, and construction document production and is responsible for the overall quality of the technical output of their discipline. This individual will be directly involved in maintaining and growing client relationships as a electrical engineering expert.
- Lead the direction of the electrical engineering team in managing and delivering project workload to most efficiently meet quality standards and deadlines. In coordination with others, this includes resource planning, staff deployment and project execution.
- Attend bi-monthly resource team meeting: be prepared to discuss upcoming electrical project demands, the impact on other disciplines, financial issues, personnel challenges/successes.
- Management of multiple, simultaneous projects from beginning to end, such as Design Basis through specifications and submittals with a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate project objectives, problems, solutions and scope changes with clients, field personnel and internal staff.
- Work closely with customers, partners, and colleagues to achieve deadlines while delivering a quality product.
- Responsible for leveraging the electrical team's subject matter experts to ensure quality and the highest level of electrical engineering services to external and internal clients.
- Apply, teach, and mentor others in subject matter expertise, including knowledge of building codes, regulations, requirements, building materials, construction methods, and procedures for project work.
- Ability to manage the proper sequencing of construction documents.
- Ability to facilitate close work with clients, field personnel and internal staff to achieve deadlines and quality work. Demonstrated ability to work well in a team/collaborative setting.
- Manages information flow and looks for ways to improve operational processes.
- Pride in craft; desire to stay current and leverage the electrical team's subject matter experts to identify trends and technical advances.
- Able and willing to stamp/seal self-produced documents.
- Able to work with modest supervision and guidance.
- Ability to direct drafting to support your electrical design.
- Ability to organize and prioritize personal workload and make necessary adjustments to meet deadlines; must be results oriented and milestone driven.
Talent Development & Hiring
- Mentor and develop the electrical engineering team: communicate and support the company's vision, listen to concerns and desires, remove obstacles for individual growth and skills development.
- Contribute to junior team member skill advancements via coaching and/or mentoring.
- Identify electrical engineering staffing needs and assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding new electrical team members.
- Analyze project scope and assist in authoring proposals and contracts.
- Develop, nurture and participate in relationship management with existing clients and partners that assists leadership in procuring work for the company. This could be through project work or other relationship-building activities.
The Fine Print
- Designer of Engineering Systems or PE - Design license.
- Ten or more years of electrical engineering experience preferred.
- Established track record of complete electrical system design for buildings.
- Building types include higher education, corporate/commercial and industrial facilities. Experience in one or more of these types of facilities is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to make independent decisions within a general framework.
- Demonstrated exceptional planning, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to apply logical steps to problem solving.
- Able to function effectively in a demanding environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), specialized HVAC engineering software; Revit experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Adaptability
- Work is performed in an office setting and the field.
- Able to move around construction sites in various stages of development.
- Minimal travel is required for this position but with occasional travel to other offices.
- Activities may be necessary outside of the normal office hours depending on workload, schedules, and client geographical location.
EUA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
If you are in need of a downloadable application, please email email@example.com.
Madison Office. Our Madison office is a tight knit community dedicated to serving their community. Located right in downtown Madison, walking distance from Wisconsin’s state capitol and University of Wisconsin, this EUA location has a fun, pedestrian feel with easy access to all the bustling activity this capital and university town has to offer. Universal views to the State Capitol, Lake Mendota and Lake Monona can be enjoyed from our office terrace.