Atlanta Market Leader
Join us! We are a relationship-based, forward-thinking Architecture, Interior Design, and Engineering firm, seeking a dynamic, passionate individual to lead the firm’s Atlanta office as well as our clients to continued success.
This position will be a great fit for you if you are looking for a company that creates lasting partnerships with its clients, and provides a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for our team members.
We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated leadership skills who is a licensed Architect, Engineer, or certified Interior Designer; with 10+ years’ experience in multiple markets. The position requires excellent technical, business, marketing, and interpersonal skills. The chosen candidate will be responsible for supervision of our firm’s Atlanta office assuring that relationship, technical, administrative, staffing, and financial objectives of that office are met within the framework of established firm-wide goals and professional standards. The position will report to the Green Bay/Atlanta Studio Director and will mentor and manage staff.
The Atlanta Market Leader is client facing and has the primary role of securing new client relationships. This requires a passion to create and nurture relationships at the highest level within an organization and an ability to hold meaningful and deep conversations that result in mutually rewarding relationships and ultimately revenue to the firm. It is our goal to significantly grow our footprint in the southeast region and this position will lead this initiative. In addition, this position has operational influence and is responsible for building a business/office presence within the southeast region. This includes having influence on hiring personnel, managing, and leading staff in all service disciplines, and in the delivery of our work.
- Create new revenue within target markets consistent with EUA’s vision, strategic plan, and brand image. Revenue targets will be established each year for the office, however, annual growth of not less than 20% is expected.
- Interpersonal and technical skills to speak the client’s language and develop an understanding of how to effectively leverage capital initiatives, through the technical fields of architecture and engineering, to achieve their strategic objectives.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of clients, potential clients, partners, friends, and colleagues.
- Ability to identify and close sales opportunities with current and potential clients.
- Coordinate successful transition of projects won to the GB/ATL Studio Director and project managers. Oversee the delivery of work from a relational and performance standpoint (not technical).
- Attend bi-weekly business development meetings to share updates on clients, relationships, proposals, emerging projects, and relationships.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Leads by example to create and provide a positive, respectful, and supportive environment
- Communicates effectively with clients, management, project teams and individuals
- Is charismatic and energetic, yet focused and responsible
- Manages time effectively
- Effectively prioritizes tasks and initiatives
- Thinks strategically and solves problems proactively
- Is detail-oriented
- Has knowledge of the industry, and ideally, the Greater Atlanta community.
- Can demonstrate proven experience with finance and contracts
- Must be an exceptionally good listener (listen to learn, wait to be heard).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to function effectively in a demanding environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to work well with a team/collaborative setting and make sound decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of our service offerings and how they create value to current and potential clients.
- Acute awareness of the EUA team, our capabilities, our value, and our vision.
- Must possess a professional demeanor while being courageous, confident, and tenacious, yet humble.
- Promote consistency of the EUA brand in the marketplace.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Adaptability
- Work is performed in an office setting and in the field.
- Air and vehicular travel could be regular at times.
- Activities may be necessary outside of the normal business hours depending on workload, schedules, and client geographic locations.
Our Administrative group plays a critical role in EUA’s overall success. Comprised of several departments of talented individuals that work behind the scenes – Accounting, Design/Information Technology, Human Resources and Marketing. We understand that the stronger our support staff are, the more our design teams can focus on their best and highest functions, ultimately providing more value so our projects run smoother. Join a diverse team that is not afraid to have a little fun, in a creative and supportive environment.
Atlanta Office. Situated in Midtown, located at the Boundary, our Atlanta office is part of a vibrant neighborhood that prides itself on its walkability and proximity to dozens of restaurants, expansive greenspace and world-class arts and attractions.