This person will be responsible for various general ledger activities, including account reconciliations, and a variety of weekly and monthly accounting tasks. They will assist the Accounting staff with daily activities and month end close and will have the opportunity to assist the CFO or Controller with special projects.
Eppstein Uhen Architects, Inc. (EUA) is seeking to fill an important role as an Accountant. This person will be responsible for various general ledger activities, including account reconciliations, and a variety of weekly and monthly accounting tasks. They will assist the Accounting staff with daily activities and month end close and will have the opportunity to assist the CFO or Controller with special projects.
- Assist with Maintenance of General Ledger Accounts
- Assist with Monthly General Ledger Reconciliation/Research
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules
- Assist with various budgeting tasks
- Backup for Processing of Time Sheets
- Assist with Processing Credit Card Payments and Expense Reports
- Backup for Processing Invoices for Payment
- Backup for Processing and prepare A/P check runs
- Backup for Preparing Bank Deposits
- Backup for Posting Cash Receipts against Accounts Receivable Ledger
- Backup for Maintaining and Updating Certificates of Insurance
- Assist with various yearend tasks (including 1099s and PPTs)
- Maintain accounting files
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and exhibit integrity
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems proactively and prioritize tasks and assignments
- Other duties as assigned
The Fine Print:
- Associate Degree or beyond in accounting or related field
- Several years of experience in a professional office setting
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word required
- Experience with Deltek Vision software a plus
- Experience with Accounts Payable a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude with numbers
Milwaukee Office. Located in the heart of Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward District in a 1900s shoe factory, this office is EUA’s largest. For well over a century, EUA has served and contributed to the fabric of Milwaukee, playing an integral part in many of the iconic landmarks. With intermingled staff spread across six floors, a variety of meeting spaces, democratic access to daylight, sit/stand workstations and technology infused throughout, and a beautiful rooftop terrace, our employees have options for how and where they work throughout the day.
Our Administrative group plays a critical role in EUA’s overall success. Comprised of several departments of talented individuals that work behind the scenes – Accounting, Design/Information Technology, Human Resources and Marketing. We understand that the stronger our support staff are, the more our design teams can focus on their best and highest functions, ultimately providing more value so our projects run smoother. Join a diverse team that is not afraid to have a little fun, in a creative and supportive environment.