Learn more about the projects approved by their communities in 2016 below.
Sheboygan Falls School District
This project will provide funding to build a new, 550-student middle school for grades 5-8. The new middle school will include a variety of flexible learning spaces and classrooms with capacity for technology integration, areas for small and large group collaboration, and adaptable spaces for a variety of educational opportunities. The new middle school will include a two-court gym, cafeteria / commons and a performance stage.
Total referendum: $30.9 million
Waupun School District
This project will provide high priority improvements at all four schools with no estimated tax increase above the current level due to the retirement of existing debt. Specific project highlights include:
SAGES: This innovative agricultural and environmental based charter school facility for grades K-8 includes the renovation of existing academic spaces, an addition of a new library, new greenhouse, expanded art and music classrooms and various critical maintenance and safety upgrades.
MEADOW VIEW: This Kindergarten through first grade primary school will receive a renovated and secure main entrance/office area, a new gym, renovated 4K classrooms, and various critical maintenance and safety upgrades.
ROCK RIVER INTERMEDIATE: Originally the high school, this building now serves grades 2nd-6th and will receive renovations to create age appropriate learning environments, a relocated and secure main entrance/office, expansion of the cafeteria/commons, as well as various critical maintenance and safety upgrades.
JR./SR. HIGH SCHOOL: Serving grades 7-12, the Jr./Sr. High School will expand and renovate the Technical Education and Agricultural Labs areas, build a new greenhouse and agricultural machinery/maintenance shop, and repurpose existing spaces into more flexible, collaborative learning areas. A new natural grass varsity soccer field, eight-lane competition track, and spectator seating for approximately 2,500 will also be built.
Total referendum: $36.0 million
Oconomowoc Area School District
This project will address urgent capacity needs and aging facilities by:
- Constructing a NEW Meadow View Elementary School to serve grades 4k-4.
- Expanding and renovating the existing Ixonia Elementary School with a new entrance, main office, cafeteria, kitchen and classrooms.
- Renovating the former Wilkinson Building into Oconomowoc High School East Campus, creating space for approximately 300 high school students.
- Performing high-priority capital maintenance projects at Park Lawn, Greenland and Ixonia Elementary Schools.
Total referendum: $54.9 million
Sun Prairie Area School District
This project will address urgent space needs in one of the fastest growing districts in the state.
- Construction of TWO new K-5 elementary schools, to include an Early Learning Resource Center.
- District-wide capital maintenance, improvements for safety and security, physical education space upgrade and classroom upgrades to support personalize learning.
- Land Purchases for Phase One elementary schools and future facilities.
Total facilities referendum: $89.5 million
Baraboo School District
This project is Phase Two of Baraboo School District's Long-Range Facility Master Plan and focuses on Baraboo High School, including:
- Expansion of the existing Cafeteria / Student Commons and relocating the Kitchen.
- Expansion and modernization of the Technology Education, Physcial Education, Art and Family and Consumer Science areas.
- Renovation of the existing Library / Media Center and Student Services areas.
- Creation of a new main entrance.
- Expansion of the fitness classrooms that includse a renovated multi-purpose room, training and team rooms and appropriate locker rooms.
- Mechanical upgrades to HVAC (heating/ventilation/cooling) and fire suppresson systems.
- Address other high priority building improvements.
Total referendum: $21.95 million
Elkhorn Area School District
This project includes upgrades at the middle and high schools and site development of the Market Street corridor.
- Purchase of 56 acres of land to allow improved traffic circulation and safety upgrades to the MS/HS campus and to build or improve athletic fields and facilities.
- Construction of an agricultural greenhouse.
- Renovation of the HS auditorium & gym.
- Remodeling of HS/MS special education classrooms.
- Addition of a HS athletic field house.
Total facilities referendum: $22.9 million
Whitewater Unified School District
This project will address upgrades and improvements in all five schools.
- Additions and remodeling to Lincoln Elementary School for a new gym, secured main entry and office, library media center and classroom upgrades.
- Safety and security improvements and upgrades to site circulation.
- ADA, maintenance and infrastructure upgrades.
- Renovation of library media centers district-wide.
- Expansion of the high school's physical education space.
Total referendum: $23.5 million