Position anticipated from late May/early June 2018 through September 2018.
Join the Beyond Design Bike Tour (BDBT) planning team! Each year, the Eppstein Uhen Foundation sets out to raise funds for a Wisconsin-based charitable organization. The BDBT consists of both a bike tour & silent auction gala. Last year, we had a record number of participants at over 400 riders from the Milwaukee & Madison areas.
This person will report to and be responsible for providing support to the Beyond Design Bike Tour (BDBT) team lead by assisting with the successful execution of the BDBT project plan. The BDBT Intern must be able to manage several tasks at a time while effectively communicating their progress to the team lead. Through seeking corporate sponsorships, the BDBT Intern will practice valuable professional communication and experience many networking opportunities with various Milwaukee and Madison based companies.
- Assist with securing corporate sponsors
- Assist with securing auction donation items
- Assist with upkeep of BDBT registration website
- Assist with event invoicing
- Assist with preparation for meetings with Charities/local businesses
- Support the BDBT team lead with miscellaneous day-to-day work related to the event
- Communicate effectively with BDBT team, EUA staff, and professional members in business throughout the Milwaukee/Madison area
- Be comfortable and confident with written, telephone, and face-to-face communication skills
Qualifications & Desired Traits
- Working towards a BA or BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or other related field.
- Ability to provide consistent presence in office; working up to 40 hours/week in the summer, and some consistent part-time hours during the academic year through late September
- Demonstrate strong written professional communication skills (you may be asked to please provide two writing samples during the interview process)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines with a high degree of organization
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience volunteering or working for charitable organizations is a plus
- Experience in event planning or management is a plus
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.