Eppstein Uhen Architects’ (EUA) Business Development team members generate and cultivate opportunities with targeted prospects through lead generation activities defined in market specific business development plans. Our goal is to uncover opportunities that fit in targeted project profiles or will lead to repeat business and generate a profitable, lasting customer account. The Business Developer will be responsible for utilizing the firm’s customer relationship management (CRM) program – Deltek Vision - for researching, documenting, tracking and communicating the information collected about and from prospects.. This position reports to the Business Development Practice Leader
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Leads target identification efforts: identifies, researches and pursues prospects and target accounts under the direction of the Practice Leader
- Conducts research activities in assigned markets
- Conducts prospecting (lead generation) activities: organizes their territory and and determines the appropriate actions required to initiate relationships, meet target customers, and coordinates internal efforts and progress toward target goals.
- Generates and secures appointments with decision makers: Includes introductory/exploratory and fact finding meetings, identifying key customer concerns and needs, coordinating appropriate EUA participants and follow-up strategies. Ensures appropriate and successful hand-off to studio personnel for continued service.
- Develops client and project capture strategies
- Assists in business development process: includes support of information to customers, coordinates, performs or participates in presentations as directed by BD Practice Leader, liaison with Marketing department for proposal and presentation preparation. Works with BD Practice Leader and Studio Director on annual BD plan and BD tactics.
- Participates in industry trade shows and events: Includes participation with other EUA markets for support, collaboration and sharing market intelligence.
- Sourcing and qualifying opportunities with companies currently not served by EUA
- Responsible for executing the sales plan and process: Includes coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to best position EUA to secure business
- Actively work networking contacts, professional affiliations, industry groups and related centers of influence.
- Work with industry team leaders to effectively and efficiently identify and target key companies within the industry teams they support.
- Provide ongoing, current feedback relative to market opportunities
- Travel in WI and IA, IL, will be required – 30% travel
- At least 5 years experience with demonstrated success in selling professional services
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing new business opportunities
- Excellent listening, question asking, and follow-up skills
- Proficiency in development, management and execution of sales and marketing processes, BD planning, lead generation, pipeline management, sales strategy and development.
- Ability to learn architectural processes, comprehend highly technical information and communicate/translate EUA services to clients
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined
- Exhibits strong time management skills
- Exhibits strong business acumen, ethics, skills and maturity
- Exhibits exceptionally strong communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrates community involvement and activity with industry associations, civic and/or non-profit groups